09 agosto 2006

Coyote Ugly - 2000

Quem foi a rapariga/mulher que viu este filme de David McNally e não desejou ser uma Coyote??

A tagline do filme é apelativa "Tonight, they're calling the shots".

Violet Sanford (Piper Perabo) tem o sonho de ser compositora e resolve sair da sua cidade, nos arredores de New York, e muda-se para Manhattan, the city that never sleeps.

Não conseguindo que qualquer editora discográfica ouça as suas músicas, Violet vê-se obrigada a trabalhar num bar sob as ordens de Lil (Maria Bello) e ao lado de Rachel (Bridget Moynahan) e Cammie (Izabella Miko).

Este filme engraçado e descontraído conta ainda com a presença de John Goodman no papel de pai de Violet e LeAnn Rimes fazendo o papel dela própria.

Este filme de David McNally,conta com alguns diálogos bem engraçados...

Violet: I'm not lost. Somebody just moved my street.

Cammie: I'm Cammie, the Russian tease.
Violet: Violet, the Jersey nun.
Cammie: We all play our little parts. That one's Rachel, the New York bitch. Only Rachel really is a bitch, and I really am a tease.
Lil: Cammie, you can only be a tease if you stop sleepin' around, babe.
Cammie: Yeah, I keep forgetting that part!

Girl: Can I ask you something?
Lil: What?
Girl: What does Coyote Ugly mean?
Lil: Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is lying on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm then risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly.
Girl: My God. Well, why would you name your bar after something like that?
Lil: Oh, 'cause Cheers was taken.


Violet: Cammie, I think I just fell in love with you.
Cammie: Oh Violet, I'm not a lesbian. I played in the minors but never went pro.
Violet: That's *not*, what I meant.

Lil: That's Rachel, you can learn a lot from her.
Violet: She just cut off some guy's ponytail.
Lil: Yeah, the court ordered her to take anger-management classes after she pummeled a customer for grabbing her ass. They gave her probation, I gave her a raise. Cheers!

Sem comentários: